Amsteel Blue Products by Southeast Overland

Had a request last week for a custom dog choker collar in Amsteel blue. I made one in 3/8" first but it didn't function well for several reasons. The next try was in 5/16" and it worked out niiiiice.

Dog Choker Collar in 3/8". I'm going to try this in 1/4" to see how it works but will probably stick with the 5/16" as the abrasion guard fits nice and snug which helps the metal ring slide well. Retail will be $20.

I've also been playing around with some Amsteel Blue line seeing what type of useful little products I can make. I came up with this tonight - a Winch Safety Pull. My Warn came with a piece of webbing that would allow you to hold onto instead of the hook when spooling in your line. Basically a little safety device to help you not squish your fingers in your fairlead. I took my 'inspiration' from that and spliced this up out of 5/16" Amsteel Blue and a piece of winch line abrasion guard. One end has a loop to attach to your hook, or if you use a thimble you can hoop the hook and other end through the thimble for attachment. The opposite end has a small knot that you pinch to lead your line back in. I used a small knot instead of a loop because your hand could still get caught in a loop.

Winch Safety Lead in 5/16". Retail is $15 and shipping to anywhere in the CONUS is $5 with tracking. Multiple orders shipped to one address get shipped at no additional cost over the first unit up to around 10 units. Please contact me at Sales@SoutheastOverland.com or 864-280-4238 for multiple orders and the shipping offer.

These are available on the Southeast Overland webstore HERE, or go directly to the product HERE.

Also, I am making a custom suck down winch line in 1/2" Amsteel Blue to a custom length. I can splice just about any winch line, extension, or other little doodad you might want. I'll have complete winch line pricing posted up in a few weeks. In the mean time if you need anything made out of Amsteel Blue please email me at Sales@SoutheastOverland.com, or call 864-280-4238.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm going to have to get a second leash from you sometime. Mine didnt make it back from pisgah 2 weeks ago... not sure where it went.

I'm going to have to get a second leash from you sometime. Mine didnt make it back from pisgah 2 weeks ago... not sure where it went.
10-4. I'll take care of you. I'll also put it with the RTT rails. I need to get those down to you too.

Also - I have a load of 5/16" and 3/8" Amsteel Blue (IIRC a spool of each, that = 600' of each) coming along with some tube thimbles, hooks, and safety thimbles. Southeast Overland will have synthetic Amsteel Blue winch lines available at even more competitive prices in a few weeks.

was my last one made from 5/16 or 3/8?
5/16" is what I've made all of my leashes out of so far. I'm going to make on in 1/4 probably next week (when new stock comes in) to see how it works. Did Roxy break the 5/16???

I can make them out of 3/8", or any size for that matter, but pricing goes up pretty quickly as diameters get wider.

i was actually hoping try a smaller one. the 5/16 is overkill. Let me know how the 1/4" line works, I think thats what i want to go with.

i was actually hoping try a smaller one. the 5/16 is overkill. Let me know how the 1/4" line works, I think thats what i want to go with.
I'd be happy to make one out of 1/4" for you. I placed a large Amsteel Blue order (3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8" and 1/2") Friday so hopefully it will be in first of next week.

ETA: 1/4" will also have a cheaper retail. 5/16" retails at $26 and 1/4" will retail at $22.

Last edited: