Windrock OHV/ Coal Creek

Trail map

Rules
Land Use Permits

A Land use permit is required for each person entering the Coal Creek OHV Area.

Cost for the permits are as follows:
Adults Children 12 & Under
$17 Daily Permit $8
$33 Two Day $16
$44 Three Day $22
$55 Four Day $28
$88 Annual $44

Each person, no matter their age or activity, must have a permit. Each person entering the area is required to have their permit along with the pink copy of their permit with them at all times while on the property.
Purchasing Permits

Land Use Permits can be purchased at the Windrock Park Campground office (865) 435-1251 (555 Windrock Park Lane, Oliver Springs, TN 37840), the Snack Shack located at the trail head (912 Windrock Road, Oliver Springs, TN 37840), and Shell Fun Food, 557 Tri-County Boulevard, Oliver Springs, TN 37840. The Snack Shack will be selling permits from 7:00 am until 6:00 pm or close. They also have trail maps and other Coal Creek OHV Area merchandise. The Snack Shack can be reached at (865) 435-6971.
Land Rules and Regulations

Release forms must be signed by all persons entering on the properties of The Coal Creek Company and a COPY OF THIS FORM MUST BE CARRIED ON THEIR PERSON.
A LAND USE PERMIT must be displayed on the vehicle in a clearly visible area.
Maintain a 5 mph limit in all staging/parking areas.
Travel is limited to marked trails.
Stay away from all reclaimed mined areas, active mining areas, logging operations, and gas/oil facilities.
DO NOT LITTER ON THIS PROPERTY. Violators will be barred from the property.
Tires with studs are not allowed.
Firing of weapons is strictly prohibited. NO TARGET PRACTICE!
Proper safety equipment must be worn at all times.
No hill climbing except on marked trails.
Be considerate of others using the trails and report any unauthorized or illegal behavior observed.
No alcohol.
No fireworks or open fires.
Off-highway vehicle operation on the property is limited to daylight hours.
Mandatory speed limit of 15 mph on Trail P-1 (paved access road).
Streams and stream beds will be avoided where possible. Should any water crossing be necessary, the permittee will make such crossing only on or over marked trails, strictly comply with posted rules and regulations and will avoid creation of any erosion or stream bed sediment.

Types of Vehicles Allowed

Just about any type of off road vehicle is welcome, here are some that frequent the area.

ATV’s
Motorcycles
Mountain bikes
Jeeps
Trucks
Hybrid Trucks
Hummers
Rail Buggies

Safety Equipment

It is up to the rider to choose and provide their own safety equipment. A common question is “are helmets required”. The answer is YES if you are under 18 years of age. If you are 18 or older then you have the choice to wear one or not, it is up to you to choose. Due to the mountainous terrain, helmets, pads, and heavy duty boots and clothing are highly recommended.
Windmill Viewing – Vehicle Permits

Permits for vehicles going to view the windmills are available at the Windrock Park Manager’s office only. Permit covers all passengers in each vehicle. For safety reasons, permit allows access up to the restricted area gate but not beyond. For more information, please call (865) 435-1251.

CAMPING INFO

Just my 2 cents but, I have been several times and it is worth the coin. The place is huge, you could easily kill a four day weekend and not see the same trail twice. Just be aware there is no camping allowed in the park so you have to leave each evening. There are two main camp grounds about 5 minutes away from the park. Windrock Park campground (owned by Coalcreek/Windrock) http://www.windrockpark.com/ and Windrock campground (not affiliated with Coalcreek) http://www.windrockcampground.com/ . They are both nice pretty comparable, with shower/bathroom facilities that are well maintained, water and electrical on most primitive camp spots, spots for trailers, RVs, cabins, etc.... Windrock Park campground would get an extra bump for a private trail to run you right up to the park entrance in case your rig isn't street legal or your on ATVs and it is the larger of the two parks with more camp sites.

Just my 2 cents but, I have been several times and it is worth the coin. The place is huge, you could easily kill a four day weekend and not see the same trail twice. Just be aware there is no camping allowed in the park so you have to leave each evening. There are two main camp grounds about 5 minutes away from the park. Windrock Park campground (owned by Coalcreek/Windrock) http://www.windrockpark.com/ and Windrock campground (not affiliated with Coalcreek) http://www.windrockcampground.com/ . They are both nice pretty comparable, with shower/bathroom facilities that are well maintained, water and electrical on most primitive camp spots, spots for trailers, RVs, cabins, etc.... Windrock Park campground would get an extra bump for a private trail to run you right up to the park entrance in case your rig isn't street legal or your on ATVs and it is the larger of the two parks with more camp sites.
I would agree and i like the windrock park more as well. I posted the link to the camping info at the bottom of the first post.