Need Alignment -where should I go?

Hello everyone,

I just got my XJ back together yesterday, thanks Dan, and I ran over to Goodyear to get an alignment. However, after sitting in the waiting room for 45 minutes, the manager told me that they couldn't do it because it requires two mechanics to align a Jeep. WTF??? It's a one man, twenty minute job at best.

I have literally performed hundreds of alignments using everything from Hunter laser machines, to Longacre string and ruler systems, and anything in between. Hell, if I had a nice flat surface and some toe plates, I would align it myself with a tape measure. But...I don't. So where the hell can I get this thing aligned once and for all? I live near USC and would like to go somewhere close so that I don't put anymore unnecessary wear on my new treads.

Thanks

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Speaking of this. Brooks and Larry did a preliminary alignment on mine after the work done. It runs straight and feels good. Should I get it done professionally (no offense) before the long drive?

No, I sure didn't. He shortened my DOM track bar on saturday, but I carried it to his place in my wife's car. I really need a garage floor to do it correctly. Do you have room? If so, when would be best for you? I am free tuesday and thursday night.