How to ReKey Jeep lock cylinders

Brooks, is this for a pending door swap? Why not just swap lock cylinders. It isn't hard, I have torn both type of doors down before.
yes it is for the door swap. I wasnt sure if the cylinder would swap, when I was looking up part numbers for cylinders they had 1997 and 1998+ i wasnt sure if they were the same.

I would be down for just swapping out the whole cylinder as well.

When I bought my half doors I found all the info on how to re-key them but, I couldn't get the parts, tumblers and cylinder cap. It was really frustrating, I contacted lock smiths in Sumter, Columbia and Florence and none of them worked on auto door locks. The stealership wanted over a $100 per lock! I finnally found a local lock smith that is a retired USAF vet and hooked me up with the caps, he just went to the dealer and bought them at jobber price (cheap) and gave em to me. I then found that if I moved the tumblers around and filed a couple of them and left a couple out then I could use my key. The parts are available but, you have to buy large quantity and in a lot of cases have proof you are a lock smith. The good new is the parts are common to most models of jeeps so I guess if your were able to get the parts you could run a jeep re-keying buisnes out of your home to make your money back :)

Just to update this. The lock smith place downtown Columbia can re-key the lock cylinders without having the key to them. Pretty cool process.