Rubicon locker Problem

My friends front Rubicon locker was having problems on Saturday when we went out. It would go on and off randomly and when it did come on the light in the dash would blink.

Any suggestions?

Check the pump. The nose on them tend to crack, or the vac lines they use will split and leak. The light is controlled by a simple switch in the front end, it's flashing because it's trying to engauge the lock ring. I'm betting the hose has a leak.
If you can't track it down, send him my way. I have plenty of rubi experience.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
If a vacuum line is cracked, it would have inconsistent vacuum pressure. This would cause it to lock and unlock at unpredictable times and as it locked and unlocked, your indicator light would go on and off. I do believe that is what he is saying.

If a line is cracked then how would it work ever?
It's a vac line but they are actually pumping 4psi through it. It will lock, then unlock as pressure bleeds off, and the pump will build the pressure back up when it senses the pressure drop. As long as the PCM has a lock request the circuit stays hot and the pump will try to keep locking it back.
I believe the lock circuit is good, and think that you will find a leak somewhere.
Soapy water in a squirt bottle will show you the leak, you just have to get to the lines.

If I'm reading right,
His light is working, and his locker is in/out intermittently. When the locker is out, and the PCM still has a request from the switch, the light will flash. That is showing that the locker is out, but the pump is being powered to lock back in.