4.0 Temp help??

I have a question about temp... Mine runs around 210*... What temp does everyone else's run at??? While I was in Alaska it would never get that high which was due to the low temps there... I am running Genright Highrise fenders with no inners could that have anything to do with it??? Thanks in advance for the input...
Justin

No problem....it will run hot here due to the blazing sun....the factory winner don't have much inflow either....I think the only real solution is hood louvers

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That won't fix it. I got hood and fender vents. Only solution is a 3000 cfm + electric fan. Justin did his and no more issues.
It could be a weak fan clutch as well. Mine needs to be replaced, but ........

It is aobut to get pulled off the road to have some work done as soon as I can get my firebird back on the road so I was just wanting to make sure there was not a big issue going on... I will keep the elec. fan in mind I should go ahead and do that and an alt. swap with the durango alt. so it doesn't drain the battery...

Last edited:
Do you have an auto or manual. No worries as long as the motor don't get higher than 240. Should run 195 to 210 all the time. The reason I ask is if you have an auto with the trans lines plumbed into the radiator you may want to run a trans cooler to keep the trans temp as low as possible to protect it.

It is a manual... Thanks for the input everyone I am going to go ahead and chang the thermomstat and put a lower temp in it just in case to be sure until I can get a elec. fan put in...

A lower t-stat will just make it run poorly because it will never get up to running temp. Thy are supposed to be 210 running temp....over that I would worry, nut mine and.every 4.0 I have seen runs at 210 from the factory......

Sent from my rooted HTC Thunderbolt running Synergy ROM...

I second what 06TJ said except the correct number is actually 195. They are designed to run at that temp for performance and fuel efficiency. I am also a huge fan of electric fans (repetitious, but oh well). Also make sure to run a fan shroud. One of the most overlooked components in a cooling system yet extremely important.