Park Conditions 8/12-14/11

Well I guess the good news is it is not supposed to be in the 90's at all this weekend. 87 degrees almost frosty.

Park is dry right now all trails open. They are calling for rain on Saturday late afternoon. But we are in that pattern where unless the whole upstate is socked in we don't get the rain, maybe a drizzle. Which is all we have gotten for a couple weeks.

We have several campsites taken and one large group coming in from the NC4x4 Forum. We also have several first timers coming in so any rangers that can make it I will need the help.

I'll see you up there Skip. Me, Rich, and a few folks from NC with some built XJ's will be up there. I believe Travis and AJ have already reserved campsite 2.

I'll be there on Saturday morning for the first time and plan on being there most of the day. I'm finally at the point where the TJ needs a little shake down run to see what falls off, which hopefully will be nothing. Anything particular I need to know before heading that way?

Last edited:
You'll be able to walk up a lot of stuff. I'll be with a group of a bunch of XJ's, you're more than welcome to jump in.

If you go into Cupcake, expect to smell horrible for a few hours. If the sign says "roll cage required", it means it!! Twisted Intentions will scare the heck out of you.

Oh, and don't hand out candy to the purple giraffes..... :grinpimp: