Trucks to Troops Donations.

Hey guys and gals,
I came across this article on MSNBC today. It reminded me of Project Light Saber where off road light donations helped troops see better while traveling at night. The program I am presenting to you is called Trucks to Troops.

Basically, some guys here in the states assembled a Traxxis Stampede RC truck, and outfitted it with a camera and infra red capability. The trucks are being used to detect bombs hidden beneath vehicles. The first truck saved six soldiers as it set off a trip wire detonating an estimated 500 lbs of explosives.

When not saving lives, the RC trucks provide much needed entertainment during down time.

If you are interested in helping out, you can donate by visiting: Truckstotroops.com.

Thanks

We actually have a one in our kit called a BOMBOT. The original prototypes were nothing more than a Traxxas E-Maxx with the body remove and a piece of plywood on top to hold a charge. The idea was something cheap and disposable to blow up road side IEDs...The end product cost 20K a piece, had a remote dump bed, 2 cameras, and charge ignitor...way to go military procurement. Here a link to an RC groups forum with a picture of my Army counterparts playing...errr training with one.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1246378