Gulches 8/12-14/11

Depending on work schedule I may make arrangements with Skip to get in Friday night. Plan on staying until Sunday. Rich and I are going to be meeting up with a few friends from NC with some well built XJ's to wheel the park with them their first time. Anyone intrested in riding?

Hopefully someone with a good camera, cuz it's gonna get real. :grin:

Last edited:
JR, I think you mean 8/12-14. I should be headed up to break in the TJ on the 13th for the day. I should be meeting some guys coming up from Atlanta that are supposed to be there over the weekend. I hopefully should be there NLT about 1000 or so; well as long as the tow pig gets out of the shop.

Hey guys i am new to SC. I live in Aiken. Me and the GF is coming up on grid day evening about 4. This is my first time at gulches. I have a 07 red jk.. Looking for some ppl to 4wheel with.

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of people to ride with! I was expecting just 4 in my group that's camping, and now there's about 14 and counting expected to show up and wheel. People from as far away as Raleigh NC are coming to thrash! :smokin:

Well kool. Hope y'all don't mind if I tag along? Also about to head to walmart to pick up some things anythig special I need to get? I need to find a small grill to cook on:/ the funny thug is my gf has never been camping before so this is gonna be adventure for her... Is beer allowed?

The camping spaces are quite nice. All have a cleared out area for tents and a fire ring and all are right on the river. Bugs aren't really that bad. Even in the summertime it's cool enough to sleep comfortably under a light blanket. Check with Skip (the owner) to see if there's a spot available to camp, if you'd rather camp alone. If you don't mind camping with some people you can always camp with my group. We'll be in one of the largest sites that I've seen camp 20 people. It shouldn't get too loud and crazy. Yes beer is allowed (double check that), as long as it's at the campsite and kept under control.

I have a camp site reserved. I think he put me close to the bathroom bc of her. What time are you heading down tomorrow? At walmart anything special for the group to get for like dinner or anything?

We're going to be having steak, or atleast I am. I've got a spare grill 18"x30" I can bring. Better than buying one. Every time I go camping I always bring stuff that's easy to cook. I'll bring a few raw potatos and cut them up into floppy fries and cook over a open fire in a frying pan w/ cooking oil. I use peanut oil. Bacon for breakfast, canned stuff for lunch, or just head up to the office and eat a burger.

Yea if u dont mind bring that. I don't have my trikes to haul my jeep so I am stuck just driving it. And you know how small jeeps are. I'll get us some steaks and lunch meat and bread and a bunch of snacks and drinks.

Ok I'll get us some steaks and some other things as well. I'll bring a couple of cases of water and drinks ( powerade) lunch meat and snacks. Have you decided if your coming up Friday?