np231 help

Removed it last night and was counting the splines and is the spline count going to be the same from where the trans and tcase meet to where the driveshaft connects to the tcase?

I don't believe they are the same on the input to the output....different years had different input Splines...and I believe all out puts were the same (excluding Sye's)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I don't believe they are the same on the input to the output....different years had different input Splines...and I believe all out puts were the same (excluding Sye's)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ok so is there any way to tell what the input is without removing the tcase?

I believe you have a 21 spline...however, midway through 94, i have read they changed to a 23 spline count, so there is no way to be sure with out pulling it and counting

Its the 23 spline so would I need to find a 95 to 98 jeep with the same engine and trans? Or did the change something in 96 along with the body?

It's 23 spline input 27 spline output. If I find a 231 with the same gear ratio on the tag (mines 272) will the spline count be 23 in 27 out or is the only way to know for sure is to remove the tcase?