Need Help with Warn Brush Guard installation!!!

I bought a Warn Brush Guard for my 96 XJ the other day at a local junk yard. It was on a Comanche which I have a picture of. Removed my front bumper today to install the brush guard and and after putting the bolt down in the frame and bolting down the bracket I placed the brush guard up to the brackets to bolt it on and it doesn't fit. Warn's website say's there bumper is for 1984-1996 WAGONEER, CHEROKEE, COMANCHE which is what the Comanche and my Cherokee are. can't figure out why it won't fit? And help or pictures would be a great help Thanks
myXJ_bumper.jpg
I found this on the web and this is what im supposed to do and this is what I did and it won't fit?
framemount.gif
myXJ_bumper2.jpg

Attachments

sorry should have said this in the OP I did assemble loose and when I attached the brush guard to one side it was about 6 inches away from the other bracket.

would be great if we could see some pictures, but the cherokee frame is the same as the comanche so you just need to make sure you have the brackets in the same orientation that they came off in. Sounds like you have them turned around.

Here are some pictures of the brush guard on my jeep.

This overhead shot shows how the brackets are turned inward just to touch.
IMG_0383.jpg

These next two shots show how far it is from reaching the other side. Both the brackets are straight in these pictures.
IMG_0381.jpg
IMG_0382.jpg

This is looking outward from the driver side bracket. Notice the gap in the bolt on the bottom of the brush guard thats how far inward it is angled to touch the other side.
IMG_0380.jpg

This is looking outward from the passenger side bracket. Notice the gap in the bolt on the bottom of the brush guard thats how far inward it is angled to touch the other side.
IMG_0378.jpg

This is the same installation diagram.
framemount.gif

This is looking up at the frame rail on the driver side it is bolted into the only hole in the frame same as the diagram pictured above. Notice the small bracket the supports the fender just like the green peices on the diagram that I have to cut back some.
IMG_0377.jpg
IMG_0376.jpg

This is looking up at the frame rail on the Passenger side it is bolted into the only hole in the frame same as the diagram pictured above. Notice the small bracket the supports the fender just like the green peices on the diagram that I have to cut back some.
IMG_0374.jpg
IMG_0375.jpg

Hope this helps ya'll to be able to help me Thanks and sorry there is so many just want ya'll to see it all.

Attachments

its hard to tell from the pictures but can you mount it in the other hole in the unibody toward the center of the jeep? which hole did it come out of in the cherokee?