Help save gulches orv park

Help save Gulches ORV Park, SC

Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park is the number one, highest-rated off-road park in North America [www.offroadnorthamerica.com]. Gulches is South Carolina’s ONLY off-road vehicle park for full size 4x4’s. Gulches was created in May 2006 to provide a legal, fun place for those who love off-road adventure to ride. Before and since Gulches opened, other off-road opportunities – public, private, legal and illegal – have disappeared.

Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park is the result of research into state and county zoning laws, months of walking potential properties, and visiting local off-roading groups to gauge the market. The result was a sound business plan and a popular, well-attended park. Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park has a registration membership of over 6,000 vehicles. We predicted that if only one percent of our registrations came in every weekend, Gulches would be profitable.

And Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park indeed became profitable. In our very first year, our brand new business broke even – that almost never happens. 2008 Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park was handsomely profitable.
Today 100 newcomers register every quarter, thus,we anticipate continuing to grow our profit.

However, October of 2008 Wall Street and the big banks almost brought down this country with the biggest recession since the Great Depression. Gulches was lucky – we did not feel the strain of that crisis until fall of 2009. My wife and I made the difficult decision to use our retirement savings to keep the park afloat. Unfortunately that float has about dried up.

2010 has been the worst year gross income wise of our 5 years. We have lost at least 25% of our traffic. I’m sure this is due to the loss of jobs in the community.

We are at a point where one of three things has to happen soon or we all lose the park forever.

One, we need an investor or a small group of investors to purchase 45% of our company. With a block of money to reduce our monthly payments by that 25%, we can be profitable even if the economy stays the same.

Two, we need to sell the park to someone who will not be over financed.

Or…

Three, 25% more folks need to come into the park each weekend.

As we saw in 2008, Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park can be a profitable business. Land values will surely rise up again as they always have. Folks will get jobs and return to the hobby. We will continue to have newcomers register. With an investor, profits will return and grow.

Details and money specifics for Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park are available by request.

Please, if you know someone who is interested in owning all or part of their very-own off road park, please have them call Skip Wilkenson (864) 449 5698.

Lets keep Gulches alive being that it is really the only place in Sc for us to wheel! It makes a quick and easy day trip and where else can you have fun for $25 bucks?

It's still open and should remain open for a while. I don't see it closing anytime soon. May come close, which is why Skip is needing as much business as he can get. I'll be having my birthday there 12-14 of August.