TJ coils on an XJ, what will result?

So if I put TJ coils on my XJ, what will happen? In my searching, some people say that TJ lift coils will net one less inch on an XJ, and others say the opposite is true. Does anyone here have any experience with this?

I am going to take the 7.5" Rubicon Express coils off in order to lower the Jeep. I'm looking for ~4" of lift. I'm a broke college student, and Rusty's sells 3" TJ coils for $99, and the Rubicon Express units cost $179. I'm hoping the 3" TJ coils will net 4," otherwise, I'll just go with the 3" HD coils for $99.

I'm doing this because I am going with smaller tires until I start making money again. The 35's are wanting to rip out my steering box, despite the C-ROK reinforcement, the Custom 4x4 fab bumper mount, and the Rusty's brace. Not to mention, 3.55's aren't well suited for 35's :shaking:.

Hey man I am not sure about that, but I have some extra sky jacker coils in my shed off a xj I think they net 4 or 5 in of lift! If you interested ill take $50 and you can text me at 803-727-9634 Im at work but will be off at 330 today