XJ A/C help

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I got my blower motor working tonight, but the compressor is not kicking in and the accessory fan isn't running...

The compressor does not cycle at all. I thought even if extremely low of refridgerant it would still cycle. Is this true?

The accessory fan has a plug at the top going towards the driver's side fender that isn't hooked to anything, and I don't see a plug anywhere around that would reach it. Where does it go?

There's also a two pin weather tight connector on the passenger side firewall beside the windshield washer bottle above the charcoal canister that isn't connected to anything, should it be?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I have AC! The plug for the aux fan was stuck under the airbox... plugged it up and it worked. Added a can of freon and it cools! I only put one can in to see if its going to leak out quick. If not I'll top it off and let it go.

Brandon, thanks for the links. I didn't have to use it this time, but they could definitely be handy in the future.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I only put one 12oz can in it to make sure it holds pressure. It hasn't leaked out yet, so I guess that's good. Should I go put another can in it or take it to Miller and have it charged correctly? How picky are these systems?