aluminum tube bender

Had an accident this eeekend with the rtt....need to get some replacement aluminum bows made up...anyone know of anyone that can get and bend aluminum?

Well long story short....even if the hitch wont accept a 2" ball, like it says, do not use a 1 7/8 to get by...because the rust will eventually break loos when you least expect it, like crawling into your brand new RTT on top of your M416.....Then what happens might you ask? lightweight aluminum bows do not hold a chance against a fat *** rolling on them at a surprisingly fast pace :)

$250 later, they should be here and I should be back in business once I get the tent fabric resewn at two of the seams :)

I am truly sorry only because I know how exspensive they are but, thats the best laugh I have had in a long time. I did the same thing when I was loading my trailer for a trip. I would have sworn that I had the pintle closed but, I didn't and when I jumped up on the back to smash a bag full of beding down....I was damn near killed by an avalanche of camping gear. I now a rear kickstand to prevent future trailer wheelies.

Well I got the bows and hinges today, and it literally took less than 1 hour to completely disassemble the tent, and install the new bows and hinges.

The tent fabric just slides out of the channels extreamly easily, then its just 8 screws and the hinges are off, re-installation of the hinges and bows is a simple job. I have the fabric off still until I can afford to get the seams restitched, but I am about 80% back in business :)

I have some pics of the carnage to the original hinges I will get up tomorrow :)