60's and 39's
"I splash ur fockin pot"
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
It just feels right,
picture.jpg

Ready to hit up Harlan March 24th! People come and join the trip

Updated pic with the new shoes. I have to clean up the rear wheel well soon and make some more room.

Last edited:
Nick how do you like those fancy rear shocks? Worth the extra coin? Noticed them when it snowed and never got to ask ya.
Well Steve-O, I wish I could say good things about the shocks but about an hour into the trip I ripped the lower shock tab off one side and busted the stainless resovoir line on the other side. We welded the shock tab back on at camp. I tested for clearance before I left but the big dirt pile proved to be a bit different than those massive boulders up there. Other than that, they seemed great even with one spitting oil everywhere. Looks like I will need to do some tweeking with their location. My front suspension and steering are no longer suitable for my wheelbase or tires so I will post up a build thread when I get all my parts in.

Whats the plans for it? I was curious as to how you liked them after harlan. I just picked up a new set of 16" fox air shocks for the TJ :D Just got to figure out how to get them in there and what they'll be mounted too.

For now I am just adding a new trackbar and bracket relocated further up on frame to avoid the diff cover smashing into the bolt that holds the trackbar. That has been a long time coming. I am going to cut off the radius brackets on my front lower links and add a single new DOM upper for a three link and push the axle maybe another inch foward if possible with stock steering gear position. Gonna try to do a hydro assist on the cheap but who knows, this whole plan could change in 15 minutes. Thats usually how stuff goes. I would like full hydro but I have not even looking into pricing and I would imagine that it aint cheap.

Well I have not done much of the above mods although I do have a bunch of the parts now. I did add a set of crager soft 8s and ruffstuff beadlocks. They all four slowly leak air over time but hopefully I will not be sitting on the trail anymore trying to reset a bead in the rain. I also cleaned up my rear wheel well opening.

Thanks Brooks. I just officially made my Jeep wider than my trailer that I have used only once! I did not even think about that. Looks like I will be modifying my trailer soon.

i wouldnt use slim. it adds weight thats not needed.. I would try taking the ring back off and lubing the hell out of the tire before u put ring back on( any little dirt or bunch up screws it all up) if that does not work my buddy used silicone and that worked

btw good lookin rig