Another Tellico Update

Some new information

Hello Everyone,

The Southern Four Wheel Drive Association (SFWDA) is still out here working to keep your OHV areas open. It is not always possible to post happenings online because it could compromise our position, but we are always working in the background to preserve your rights. We will continue to update you as the work continues.

We have posted our Motion for Summary Judgement (35 page document) onto the SFWDA forum. Please read the information and feel free to pass it on to your 4x4 websites and forums so that everyone knows what is being done to help rescue Tellico. We need your support.

Motion for Summary Judgement

Robert Taylor
Director of Public Relations
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association

and it goes into detail of what the forest service did wrong. Its a very good read.

The record on aquatic macroinvertebrates epitomizes an agency struggling on the scientific and procedural roadmap. Results were carefully sought, then ignored when they failed to support closure. The results relied upon in final documents were never available to the public during the critical comment period. The agency stressed the importance of obtaining specific data, then downplayed it as unimportant to the water quality analysis. All while every assessment of the sites both within and outside the Upper Tellico watershed demonstrate viable, functioning ecosystems rated “excellent” on applicable standards.

There is more going on up there then in the public eye. I recently had some nice conversations with some people associated with some of the powers that be with SWFDA. I was told they found a judge to hear this so I'm guessing that is what this is about.

hahaha i love how everyone in the 4wd community does a speech about tellico. I got one i did for public speaking and one i did for my senior seminar. Wanna use them as an "example" steve.

hahaha steve's wife Dr. Springs was our professor so it was interesting when steve came and talked to the class. when i found out who he was i was like awww shitt.... i better not say anything that would give me a bad grade. but it turned out good considering tellico is hard topic to cover in just only 12 minutes.