Soa

Looking for someone local ( S.C/N.C. ) to do a spring over axle, and I need the c's cut and turned for better castor and DL angle, Dana 44's are what I have. If the price was right and stuff available I would like to find some chevy flat tops to put on or maybe swap in some bigger axles (gm 14 bolt or ? )

XJ Savage on here has a set of chevy flat tops for sale I think he wanted $75 for the pair.

The SOA is not a hard project, but I'm not sure of any local shops that would do the Cut and Turn on the knuckles.

Might try East Coast Differentials in NC.

I do have a set of flattop Chevys at the house. If you want them you can have them for $50. I also have a full width Chevy Dana 44 at the house w/ a set of shafts I can cut you a deal on as well.

Give me a call when you need the SOA done. I'll be glad to help you with it. A good friend of mine lives about 15 minutes outside of Blythewood torwards Elgin and between the two of us we've done plenty of axle swap and off-the-wall fabricating. May not be able to turn the C's without a portaband (which I don't have).
803 543 0499 JR.

Thanks Savage, I might go ahead and get those flat tops. I have access to many tools ( brother in law has every tool and toy imaginable) and I have plenty of room in the shop. I am just trying to make up my mind, I am afraid if I do the cut and turn and soa I will want dana 60 or gm 14 bolt in a year. I am still working on getting scout back together so I am trying to make up my mind. I have seen guys grind weld down till you can see the joint between axle and c's then beat them with a hammer. I bet it would be alot easier with the PB and then grind them after they are separated though. I was looking for someone local who has done this ( plenty of info on net ) because the scouts have such bad castor it needs to really be corrected soa or sua. I promise I will get some pics up somehow.

Alright cool. I'll pm you my address so you can swing by and pick them up one afternoon or something.

As far as turning the C's, I really don't think it'll be necissary with a simple SOA because of the fact that a scout has a reasonably long front driveshaft. I think if you were to bolt it up SOA it shouldn't carry to much of an angle to worry about. But then again i'm not a scout guru and that is said without looking at it.

Thanks Savage, I might go ahead and get those flat tops. I have access to many tools ( brother in law has every tool and toy imaginable) and I have plenty of room in the shop. I am just trying to make up my mind, I am afraid if I do the cut and turn and soa I will want dana 60 or gm 14 bolt in a year. I am still working on getting scout back together so I am trying to make up my mind. I have seen guys grind weld down till you can see the joint between axle and c's then beat them with a hammer. I bet it would be alot easier with the PB and then grind them after they are separated though. I was looking for someone local who has done this ( plenty of info on net ) because the scouts have such bad castor it needs to really be corrected soa or sua. I promise I will get some pics up somehow.
good to have you here and its true were not all jeep guys, i like nissans myself. also i was gonna suggest the grind and hammer method ive seen lots of SAS frontiers/hardbodys done that way and most of them are driven on the street on a regular basis.

Yeah ,on scouts you have to turn the c's, They already have bad castor, if you dont correct it, it won't hold the road. Savage pm me I 'll call you this afternoon and set something up. WeRide, One of my good friends had a nissan on 34x9.50's, man that thing went everywhere we wanted it to go.

I've got a friend that just did this same thing for a guy from Walhalla, SC. His name is Scott Black and you can call him 864-seven one zero- 1174. Scott's shop is in Seneca and he does all kinds of chassis work and roll cages. Text him or call him and tell him Tucker sent you.
I saw the caster on the stock axles and it was amazing that the Scout even drove to the shop. It already had a SOA when this guy bought it and Scott said it was sketchy to drive.

Thanks to xjsavage, picked up the flat tops today. So I guess when I am done putting the rest back together, there will be a spring over in the plans.

Thats not necesarily true..... The bad caster issue does not come from the SOA. You would have to be running a monster lift to really have an issue. Most of the poor caster issues associated with a SOA come from neglecting the steering. Using flat tops with a PROPERLY constructed crossover steering set up should net you perfect steering. I have done this on more than a few scouts without an issue and even fixed a few that others have messed up. Typically a cut and turn is only needed when the front drive shaft is too short and binds or vibrates because of the severe angle. What springs are you running?