Please take this poll it is very short.. about 6000 acres openin up

outsiders i think would look ever better...Buddy of mine went to the last meeting and had over 200 people that wanted it to happen, even an 83 year old local said our county needs it to stay alive(money wise)

votes have paid off heres some updates

Anthrocite Outdoor Adventure Area update

FYI
News from Northumberland County...

In today's paper

From yesterday's Commissioner's monthly meeting .

The board adopted a resolution approving the master site development plan for the Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area. The plan, which is complete and in accordance with the state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) grant agreement, is pending final review and approval from DCNR and the state Department of Community and Economic Development

friend of mine talked to someone pretty high up
this is from couple weeks ago

----Barry Yarworth stopped by the shop today to pickup some steel, we went to lunch and got to ask him all about the new offroad park in Shamokin. I'm not sure of Barry's official title, but he's one of the main people responsible for the development of this park. After our conversation I'm really excited. He said they are waiting on a $1.5 million grant to come through to start construction. The grant is approved, but hasn't been issued yet. They already have $900,000 in grants in the bank for construction.

Barry said anyone is welcome to come check out the park. He's meeting with new groups almost every weekend and showing them around the park. After a few trips out he will let you out on your own, but he wants to make sure people know where county property ends and private property begins to make sure we don't contribute to the trespassing problem there. He has a few planned trail cutting days scheduled for the winter and lots of new trails scouted out. The plan was originally to wait until the spring to begin cutting trails, but with Jeep Jamboree coming next summer he wants to get a jump on developing the trail system.

The park is something like 6,000 acres and will have a paved access loop that will be 15-20 miles long. Its main purpose will be for emergency personnel to have access to remote areas of the park, but it offers some other huge benefits. There will be parking areas and event areas scattered throughout the park, not everything will need to be packed into one area close to the main road. This will be great to have individual spectator events in their own areas(mudbog, mx/shortcourse track, rock crawling course, mud drags, hillclimb). Plus I think it could be great for U4/cross country style races. With a few regulated road crossings, you could have a bunch of great spectator areas all accessible by car(without risking oil pan damage)

The different features developed in the park will be up to its users. Trails will be designed and cut by volunteers. There are already many atv clubs helping out with the atv trail system, and quite a few offroad clubs working on the rockcrawling trails. Races will be held at the park by interested sanctioning bodies. If a sanctioning body wants to come in and host shortcourse offroad racing the park will build a track. LM4W has already been invited to host an event there and GNCC has hosted events there in the past. I mentioned the possibility of U4, ECORS(hahahaha), or Dirt Riot hosting events, and Barry was all for it. Proper insurance is the main requirement to race.