Mountainside ORV

Went there this weekend. A very good spot to go check out at some point! Lots of stuff there for trail riders as well as serious rock crawler peoples. Some of the extreme stuff is literally unbelievable. I've seen me some obstacles, and I was thoroughly impressed.

Park isn't big, only 100 acres but its well thought out and planned. Above the park are some public trails. The public trails can be done by a stock JK (because I saw it with my eyeholes) but definitely enjoyable and leads out to the one of the most awesome overlook on the east coast. There is camping back in the woods that is awesome but a lot of people with campers park in the main parking lot that overlooks the mud pits. Yes, mud pits. The redneck in me was unable to avoid these. Love me some mud. They don't have a website but they are on google maps. Yes, it is BFE out there. As with anything, if its dry, its easy, wet I could see it causing some problems.

Anywho, here are the photos I captured. One of my friends has a photobucket from this weekend that I will also provide a link for at the bottom.

5899322801_2d10e3e41f.jpg
Rover3 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

5899324549_a539e6f274.jpg
Rover2 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

5899896358_0d1bda3b0c.jpg
Rover4 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

5899338933_1416ae910d.jpg
Fly like a G6 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

5909479093_fe774c0eef.jpg
MSORV1 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

5910039512_d16f0b84e0.jpg
MSORV3 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

5910041206_3d2f39ff80.jpg
MSORV2 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

5909483565_a28e7ebf6f.jpg
MSORV4 by expeditionmax, on Flickr

Here are Scott's photos. Yes, I pulled that big Ford out on the second tug. SOB was stuck in there! Oh and I was stuck like an SOB as well. It took three trucks to finally get my fat limey butt outta there.

http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv76/zukiscott/July 4th at MSORP/

Attachments

looks like some good ol boys out there with ya. So what brought you to MORV park? Was there a special ride? or did you meet some guys there?

They had an event with fireworks. That was pretty much a no brainer right there. Also it was one of the last parks within a 3 hour drive for me to check out.

Yes, good ole boys is the best way to describe it. They nicknamed my truck "The zebra punter". BTW that isn't a complaint...

Ive always wanted to go there, its on the to do list once i have a wheelable rig. Max everytime i see your rig i just want to sell everything i own to buy one. Looks like a fun place.

Thanks. Yeah, its just so goofy and I always feel like I'm in an Episode of "Top Gear" when driving.

Coming from jeeps, your head will explode when you dig deeper into these trucks. Seriously, its like they sat down and attempted to figure out the most horrible way to design it...then do it. I've heard the transmission is the worst, haven't had that pleasure yet but I can tell you the transfer case makes no sense. Oh and the front axle...it has kingpins and 10 spline axles. Slowly, I've removed the major issues that piss me off but there is still plenty of ridiculousness deep in there.

That said, I love it. Its my favorite. I get so many "wtf is that" looks while it bobbles down the trail.

Ghost

SUPPORTER
Is this the place with a climb called revlimiter? A steep 40 deg rock hill? Kida like Slickrock but at a steeper angle. Alabama if its the one I think it is.

There is a slickrock type obstacle there, I think they call it, "The Donkeys" or something like that. Its a big, open rock. Seen many videos of rigs tumble on it but didn't see any of that this weekend. There is that and then I saw some RIDICULOUS obstacles. I'm talking crap I don't think I can climb up with my hands and feet, but there were tire marks up them!

As for the location, google, "Mountainside ORV, Alabama" and its north of Gadsden, AL.