TJ Soft Top help.

I just took the Hard top of of my TJ for the first time. I had a buddy give me a used soft top. its in not too bad of shape.. another words it will do the zippers need some tlc. Anyways my question is he left the disconnects that connect to the roll bar on the jeep when he sold it. Where should i start looking for replacement... Dealer?

I need the plastic or metal thing that goes in the tubes for the top and attach to the tabs on the roll bars.
Something like that... Any advise on stubborn zippers?

e8281363ada00509577fe010.L.jpg

Well. its not my its my fathers..

The military solution for stubborn HMMWV soft zippers is to use bee's wax or parafin wax. Parafin wax is typically available at the grocery store with canning supplies. If the zipper is splitting open behind the zipper trolley use a set of pliers to lightly pinch the outside of the trolley to close up the gaps (where the zipper teeth pass through) a little. The parts your looking for are available from just about any jeep parts place and are much better than the plastic OEM ones.

Last edited:
very nice..

I likey.... I'll take a set or two..!!!

To the original poster.. yes, I've got the brackets that go onto the rollbar as well as those little plastic pieces that go inside the tubing..

matt